Skip to content
- w/Daniel Joseph Tower, “Reframing Indigeneity: The Case of Assyrians in Northern Mesopotamia,” Perspectives on History
- w/ Alda Benjamen, Rural Violence versus Urban Intellectualism: A Paradox of Integration and Emancipation, in: Isakhan, B., Mako, S., and Dawood, F., Evolving State Society Relations in Iraq: Negotiating Citizenship under Occupation, Authoritarianism and Democratization (IB Tauris)
- “Neither Syriac-speaking nor Syrian Orthodox Christians: (K)Harputli Assyrians in the United States as a Model for Ethnic Self-Categorization and Expression” in: Teule, H., Keser-Kayaalp, E. Akalın, K., Doru, N., Toprak, M.S. (eds), Syriac in its Multi-Cultural Context, Eastern Christian Studies 23, Louvain: Peeters. 2017.
- w/Shamiran Mako, Between Denial and Existence: Situating Assyrians within the Discourse on Cultural Genocide, in, Önver A. Cetrez, Sargon Donabed, and Aryo Makko, The Assyrian Heritage: Threads of Continuity and Influence, Studies in Religion & Society 5, Volume I, (Uppsala: Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis, 2012)
- “Rethinking Nationalism and an Appellative Conundrum: Historiography and Politics in Iraq,” National Identities, 14.4, (Taylor & Francis, 2012)
- w/ Shamiran Mako, “Harput, Turkey to Massachusetts: Notes on the Immigration of Jacobite (“Syrian”) Christians” Chronos, number 23, (Beirut: University of Balamand, Summer 2011)
- w/ Shamiran Mako, “Ethno-Cultural and Religious Identity of Syrian Orthodox Christians,” Chronos, number 19, (Beirut: University of Balamand, Spring 2009): 69-111.
- w/ Hannibal Travis, Foreword of Hirmis M. Aboona’s, Assyrians, Kurds, and Ottomans: Intercommunal Relations on the Periphery of the Ottoman Empire, (Amherst, NY: Cambria Press, 2008)
- “The Assyrian Heroic Epic of Qatine Gabbara: A Modern Poem in the Ancient Bardic Tradition,” Folklore 118, (Taylor & Francis, 2007): 342-355.